The following are links to articles related to Humane Education.
(Use the Back Button on your browser to return to this page.)
- Tim Donahue, “A Case for Humane Education.” Independent Teacher Magazine (May 2011)
- Meena Alagappan & Piers Beirne, “A Note on Pedagogy: Humane Education Making a Difference.” Volume V (2) Journal for Critical Animal Studies (2007).
- Lydia S. Antoncic, “A New Era In Humane Education: How Troubling Youth Trends and a Call for Character Education are Breathing New Life Into Efforts to Educate Our Youth About the Value of All Life.” 9 Animal Law 183 (2003).
- Frank R. Ascione, “Enhancing Children’s Attitudes About the Humane Treatment of Animals: Generalization to Human-Directed Empathy.” 5 (3) Anthrozoos 176-181 (1992).
- Frank Ascione, “Humane Education Research: Evaluating Efforts to Encourage Children’s Kindness and Caring Towards Animals.” 123(1) Genetics, Social and General Psychology Monographs 59-77 (1977).
- F.R. Ascione and C.V. Weber, “Children’s Attitudes About the Humane Treatment of Animals and Empathy: A One-Year Follow Up of a School-Based Intervention.” Anthrozoos 9(4) 188-195 (1996).
- J. Blackshaw and A.W. Blackshaw, “Student Perceptions of the Human-Animal Bond.” 6(3) Anthrozoos 190-198 (1993).
- Bill DeRosa, “The Character Connection.” Animal Sheltering 12-20 (September/October 2001).
- Bill DeRosa and Bernard Unti, “Humane Education: Past, Present and Future.” State of the Animals II: A Global Perspective on Animal Protection (Humane Society Press: 2003).
- M. Montminny-Danna and T. O’Hare, “Evaluation Report: Effectiveness of the Potter League Humane Education Program.” Potter League for Animals, Middletown, Rhode Island (2001).